Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Pay-Per-Use PCs

Microsoft announced partners to come out with a pay-as-you-go PC called FlexGo.

http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/features/2006/may06/05-21EmergingMarket.mspx

I'm sure a lot of people think this sounds dumb, because ultimately it will cost these people more than just buying a PC outright. I'm on the other side of the coin, I hope that more people are able to own a PC through this. A lot of people don't have the capital to buy a PC. I know they have monthly purchase programs at Dell, but this is even better. When someone can't afford to use their PC, they won't. When they have some extra money, they can buy a prepaid card and get on the web (dialup, I assume).

In any case, anything that will get more people using computers and the internet is a good thing. Go Microsoft (this time).

No comments: