Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Driving a Prius and then flying in a private jet does not equal greenness

Granted, flying in a private jet is the only way to travel these days, but TMZ does have a good point about the hypocrisy of these "green" actors:

http://www.tmz.com/2006/10/18/celebs-who-claim-theyre-green-but-guzzle-gas


By the way, is TMZ AOL's most popular site right now? Haven't we come full circle when the media companies who hire the actors then sell gossip on them on distribution channels that they own (like AOL... or, more ominously,Time Warner Cable). I think the entertainment loop is almost complete. Soon we'll have media barons starting wars again like Hearst.

1 comment:

Tim said...

Well, they are kinda trying. but Actors being vocal on issues but being idiots about it. (war protests also come to mind) is par for the course.
when I fly my piston plane, I get about 20mpg (180 miles at 9gph). More 'mileage' when after my electronic ignition is installed.
Not bad for 180mph, two passengers and maybe 60 lbs of luggage. If I fly to LA, it takes about 2.5 hours. so approximately 25 gallons. How many gallons would it take to drive that? More than 20.