Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Google's logo changing thing has jumped the shark

Official Google Blog: Strawberries are red, stems are green...

Excerpt: "I just know that those with true romance and poetry in their soul will see the subtlety immediately. And if you're feeling grouchy today, may I suggest eating a strawberry."

My take: if you have to declare the responsibility for proper interpretation onto the viewer, you've failed in your job as a commercial artist.

Today is the day Google's logo changing gimmick jumped the shark.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

On the contrary, most poets would say that they are not supposed to tell readers how to interpret their poetry. I guess Google just assumed that their audience was more intellectual than a bunch of idiots. At least their giving a hint...

Trimbo said...

On the contrary, most poets would say that they are not supposed to tell readers how to interpret their poetry.

Poetry != commercial art or logo design.

I guess Google just assumed that their audience was more intellectual than a bunch of idiots. At least their giving a hint...

That part of your comment spoke volumes to me.

little timmy pedersen said...

ZING!