Sunday, April 05, 2009

Correction to “U2 Albums Ranked”

Astute readers may remember my post “U2 Albums Ranked”.  I’d like to make a correction.

So I was just messing around in iTunes and ranked the songs of Achtung Baby and Joshua Tree individually using the 1-5 star system in there.  When you do this, iTunes will calculate the average and rank the album for you. 

As it turns out, the average number of stars for Joshua Tree was 4.72 versus Achtung Baby’s 4.25.  Reason:  I don’t particularly like Acrobat and Love is Blindness from Achtung Baby, and gave those 2 stars.  The surprising thing though is that even without those tracks, Joshua Tree still would have won by 0.02. 

Therefore, I have to conclude that Joshua Tree is, in fact, U2’s best album.  I will now leave you with an appropriate picture of Bono.

bono-bush

No comments: