Saturday, April 18, 2009

I missed the news to-day...

I'm giving up on the news[1]. For now.

[1] - Except selected blogs, as you'll see.

Last week, after that little girl went missing in Dublin, CA and was subsequently found in a suitcase, I had had it with the news. I just don't need to hear it anymore. I don't want to hear about cops being shot because they're afraid to draw their guns in a traffic stop. I don't want to hear about the EPA's positioning to tax CO2. I don't want to hear about Obama's raising our taxes (see: CO2) and spending us into oblivion at the same time. I don't want to hear about Rachel Maddow versus so-and-so. If you mention these things in your Blog, Twitter or Facebook feed, I will de-friend you or unsubscribe. Don't take it personally.

Not only does the news itself suck, but every news story has bias these days. I'm sick of it. This clip demonstrates why I'm completely giving up on the news:



So here are the blogs I'll continue to read, which I'm pretty sure are unbiased:
  • Paul Thurott's Windows Supersite
  • Long Zheng's istartedsomething
  • Miguel de Icaza's blog (sorry, I'll have to unsub from your twitter though, since you talk politics there)
  • Zero Hedge
  • Coding Horror
  • Scott Gu's blog.
  • Valleywag

That said, I have a WSJ subscription going to waste. :(

2 comments:

Brandon said...

I think obvious bias is more useful than supposedly "unbiased" sources. At least when the bias is out in the open, you know its there, you may miss it if there is a claim to being unbiased.

That said, the "teabaggers" were a bunch of yutzes if no one involved knew the previous usage.

Brandon said...

Great quote from the woman's blog: "On top of this, Anderson Cooper, Keith Olbermann and Rachel Maddow spent a week prior to the protests denigrating us by comparing us to a sexual act that they probably invented!"

http://smartgirlpolitics.ning.com/profiles/blogs/why-i-confronted-that-cnn

I think TV "news" has stopped being useful some time ago, the 24 hour news networks being the worst, followed by the retards in the local news, but I'd be hard pressed to think of any useful reporting there recently.

I look forward to more gadget posts and fewer finance ones.